L9 metro extension in Barcelona
SOCOTEC experts are participating in different phases of the construction process of the L9 tunnels.
Project name: Service contract for the management of the execution works of the tunnel and additional works of L9 of the Barcelona Metro. Zona Universitaria - Sagrera Meridiana section.
Date: 2021 - 2027
Clients: Infraestructures de la Generalitat de Catalunya
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Talk to our experts
Line 9 is a fully automated line of the Barcelona Metro network that is currently under construction, with 24 stations open in Barcelona and El Prat de Llobregat, L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Badalona and Santa Coloma de Gramenet suburbs, since December 2009. The line is currently divided in two branches, with a connecting segment between them yet to be built. Upon completion, it will be the longest underground metro line in Europe. The final design has a central part shared by line 9 and line 10 and at both ends both lines separate.
The section of the line 9 South of the Barcelona metro, which runs from Barcelona´s airport Terminal 1 to Zona Universitaria. The L10 south starts in the Barcelona´s harbor zone. Both lines 9 and 10 matches in the Pou de Bifurcació placed in L´Hospitalet de Llobregat. This strecht consists of 15 stations that connect with the lines 1, 3, 5, and 8 of the metro, as well as tram lines T1, T2 and T3.
SOCOTEC services provided by our spanish team
- Project design of several stations
- Site supervision of the new section (period 2022 – 2027)
- Tunnel BIM modulation including geological model, tunnel machine parameters and daily advance, and building monitoring along the new section of the tunnel.
- Commissioning process for all the ventilation system in tunnels.
- Verification and commissioning for electrical facilities in some stations.
- Inspection, verification and commissioning for the traction substation in Camp Nou station.
- Inspection and verification of all emergencies exiting.
- Quality Control of materials in some stations.
- Scan 3D for digital tween in an existing station, Putxet Station, for its extension and adaptation to L9.
- Structural Monitoring control of some parts of the tunnel for control affections of new buildings near the structure.
- Instrumentation of geotechnical monitoring for inclinometers in some points of the TBM line.