Develop, secure and improve the performance of your hydrogen facilities
In the context of the energy transition, hydrogen has a major role to play. The European Commission's objective is for this energy to represent between 13 and 14% of the energy mix by 2050. Hydrogen will naturally have to be produced from renewable energies, by electrolysis. In 2022, European green hydrogen production capacity is only 1 Gigawatt. The ambition is to exceed 40 GW by 2030.
To achieve this objective, 7 billion euros of investment between now and 2030 have been announced with French in order to rapidly develop the sector as a whole. In order to decarbonise both industrial processes and part of the transport sector, numerous installations must be built: production units, storage units and recharging stations.
While technologies are transforming your sector, a global risk analysis of the project is essential.
Our experts can help you to :
- Limit your impact on the environment and biodiversity ;
- Prevent from technical hazards during the design and construction phases of buildings and structures ;
- Prevent from explosive atmosphere risks (ATEX regulations) ;
- Ensure equipment compliance: pressure equipment, electrical installations, ten-year verification of hydrogen capacities, EC declaration of conformity, etc ;
- Ensure measurements reliability: calibration of measuring instruments and metrology studies ;
- Guarantee the safety of employees and of work equipment.
Talk to our experts
Our solutions dedicated to hydrogen sector to anticipate risks
- Surveys and audits for polluted sites and soils, assistance to owners on decontaminating soils and controlling pollution ;
- Project feasibility studies, strategic consulting and decision support ;
- Approval of construction design and working drawings ;
- Preparation of environmental permit applications (hazard studies, industrial risk analyses, advisories for hazardous facilities, environmental impact studies, Natura 2000 impact assessments, water and wetland law, etc.) ;
- Environmental audits (plant-life / wildlife studies - ecological continuity) and protected species exemption file (CNPN / CRPN file).
- Oversight of electrical, ATEX, lightning and machinery risks ;
- Technical inspection for new buildings and refurbishments ;
- Health & safety coordination ;
- On-site environmental measurements and testing ;
- Pre-work audits (asbestos and structural integrity) ;
- Seal performance inspection.
- Improved maintenance, lockout-tagout procedures (LOTO) and digitised processes ;
- Electrical installations: CONSUEL and initial verification ;
- Verification of compliance towards the Machinery Directive Technical support for high-power (LV, MV and HV) and low-power electrical installations (pre-wiring, BIM and CCTV): audits and owner assistance Industrial risks: ATEX, internal operation plans, emergency response plans, fire protection plans, specific safety plans, safety management systems, risk management support (FMECA, HAZOP, etc.), waste management and environmental coordination ;
- Risk standardisation Safety: fire protection plans, specific safety plans, internal operation plans and emergency response plans Electricity: reliability and safety audits, electrical grid measurements Health, safety and security: risk assessments, ATEX, IAQ, light and electromagnetic radiation, ROA including LASER, asbestos, noise, occupational exposure limit values, MSDs, psychosocial risks, safety leadership, aeration, safety officers (temporary public-access installations, advice for safe transportation of dangerous materials)
- Regulatory audits, verification and inspection for work equipment and facilities ;
- Environmental measurements and studies: airborne emissions, QAL2 and AST, energy effi ciency, noise, clean water and wastewater, GHGs, carbon footprint, energy audits Inspection and monitoring of the ageing process in structures and components: non-destructive testing (penetrant, magnetic particles and ultrasound testing, laboratories analyses) ;
- Metrology ;
- Condition checks (periodic or on expiration of the decennial liability insurance) and obsolescence audits ;
- Regulatory compliance monitoring and auditing ;
- Heat treatment ;
- Seal performance inspection ;
- Leak detection by tracer gas ;
- Cryogenic and thermal shock tests Tests under pressure, vacuum and control ;
- Sewer cleaning.
- Raising awareness of the risks associated to hydrogen use ;
- Design, prevention and inspection in sites producing or using hydrogen.
- Machinery compliance audits (CE or non-CE) ;
- Maintenance assessment audits for industrial processes and machinery ;
- Preparing compliance to ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 and 50001 standards.