Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility
In a world facing multiple complex disruptions, humans must redefine their place, whether by adopting new technologies, developing new practices or modifying their living or working environment. When confronted with innovation, some people prefer to observe rather than embrace the positive impact that innovation can bring.
Indeed, some changes have dramatic environmental, societal or social consequences, and in these cases SOCOTEC is committed to acting as a player that builds trust in society.
SOCOTEC is a trusted third party that provides independent compliance reports and advice throughout the life cycle of buildings or equipment to improve their safety and performance. SOCOTEC offers a safer, more sustainable, more resilient and inclusive environment for all.
“Building trust for a safer and sustainable world” is our purpose and drives our actions.
Our social commitment is structured around 3 priorities:
- Ethics rooted in the independence of our mission that allow us to issue independent conformity or risk assessment reports that contribute to safer living environments for citizens.
- Reducing the environmental impact wherever we operate. We work alongside our clients to improve their energy performance, whether during construction, building operation or demolition. As a company, we are dedicated to reducing the impact of waste and pollution (water-soil-air), improving predictive maintenance of buildings and facilities and optimizing environmental performance, whether in built structures, warehousing, production, maintenance or decommissioning phases. This is our commitment to our clients and their stakeholders, now all affected by the consequences of climate change and resource shortages.
Reducing our environmental impact is a core concern for all our activities and a central part of our CSR strategy. It is for this reason that we have put in place a 5-year action plan to:
- Limit our carbon footprint (electricity, travel, eco-friendly behaviour)
- Develop responsible, everyday sustainable purchasing across the company worldwide
- Support the circular economy and waste sorting
- Social responsibility: SOCOTEC operates at the heart of sectors that are continuously in search of qualified labour. Our role and desire is to prepare future generations to secure structures, infrastructure and facilities. We are committed to promoting and providing employment to young people who have dropped out of school by working with associations like “Sport dans la Ville” and “Fondation des Apprentis d'Auteuil” in France. In the UK we have signed the “Armed Forces Covenant” to support serving military personnel, service leavers, veterans, and their families. The “Salvadori Center” in the USA uses buildings, bridges, and parks within communities to bring maths and science to life for New York City’s students, while “Engineers without borders” in Germany promotes an engineering movement that enables sustainable global development
Read more about "Inclusion matters at SOCOTEC"
Building trust for a safer and sustainable world
Principles of ethics
The 8,700 employees at the SOCOTEC Group share these principles of ethics, inclusion, and commitment to sustainable development through the corporate values that guide our actions.Download SOCOTEC's Code of Ethics
Our corporate values
Commitment & Excellence
> Lead by example.
> "Commitment" emphasizes our employees’ pledge to uphold standards in their everyday work, to go the extra mile for clients in minimizing risk, to cooperate with and support colleagues, and act responsibly to build a safer world.
> "Excellence" reflects our constant quest to improve our skills and knowledge, anticipating future needs so we are always at the forefront of our profession.
Entrepreneurship & Innovation
> Taking risks with an entrepreneurial spirit: agile and reliable.
> We’re always striving for improvement. And by teaming up across disciplines and combining our energies, we open up new possibilities, developing innovative solutions that make for differentiation and added value. We challenge our clients to go faster and further so they have the power to future-proof their business.
Accountability & Social Responsibility
> Being on the solution side: risk management, green evolution, growing urbanization, sustainability.
> Accountability is a pledge of quality for our clients and a guarantee that our solutions are designed for the long term.
> Coupled with social responsibility, it conveys our collective mission and how each of us is pledged to safeguard people’s safety, within the company and society.