Tunnel assessment for Autostrade per l'Italia
Autostrade per l'Italia is one of Europe's leading concessionaires for the construction and management of toll highways, with a network of over 3,000 km managed in Italy.
Project name: Surveys for first characterisation of the geometric and structural elements of tunnel linings on the motorway network
Clients: Autostrade per l'Italia S.p.A.
Location: Highway network of Autostrade per l'Italia S.p.A.
Size: 140 km tunnel assessment
Talk to our experts
The survey plan is aimed at carrying out screening investigations with non-destructive georadar methodology and verification/control with direct calibration of the information returned by this highly performing instrument.
In addition, the plan of action also provides for a destructive nature aimed at characterising the materials making up the coating.
The survey campaign has the following objectives:
- Mapping the thickness of the tunnel lining;
- Definition of the presence of intrados reinforcement;
- Identification of the presence and position of ribs;
- Verification of the presence and position of possible voids on the back of the lining;
- Verification of the presence and position of possible anomalies within the thickness of the lining;
- Verification of the presence of cortical anomalies in the intrados of the cladding (first 20 cm or so - sites of possible detachment);
- Calibration of the survey by means of flowering.